Sunday, February 18, 2007

Biggest and Best

So one of my odd hobbies here in Australia is taking pictures of things Australians claim are the biggest or the best. Perhaps it is being on the underside of the earth from the countries that they see themselves the most like (ie: other white, western countries). There does not appear to be a lot of checking these claims or updating of signs once erected.



So the two signs here are two of my favourites. One is from the laundrette near my house, which claims to be the biggest in Australia. I asked them if it was verified and the owner told me, "just look, it's really big." Fair enough, it is big.



The other one is from the "World's Tallest Tree". My friend Lillian showed me this sign. The tree is no longer there, it got chopped down, but they left the sign.

No comments: