Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Goin' Home - Part 1

Hello there,

Sorry I have not written for a while. Since the visa has still not been granted, I am returning to Canada on Sunday. It is happy and sad. Happy that I get to see people there, sad that it is going into winter.

My friend that waited for his visa for six years, got it last week. He suggested that I be patient and wait for another five and a half, I don't think I have it in me.

Anyway, I thought I would list some of the things that I will miss here:
  • My lovely friends (some Australian, although heaps of international students)*

  • the wine and Coopers Green

  • the street sushi

  • the diversity of food and people in Melbourne

  • the tram (especially seeing the elephants when I go past the zoo, route 55) and the Hope Street bus

  • the architecture, gardens and lovely buildings

* Please note the use of Australian slang with 'heaps'.

No comments: